New photography featured at Schoolhouse Gallery
KINGFIELD - A new photography exhibit, “Deer Park Lodge” is currently on display at the Schoolhouse Gallery at 266 Main Street in Kingfield.
The exhibit contains variety of images from Deer Park Lodge, a classic, historic Maine camp located at the Narrows on Richardson Lake, part of the Rangely Lakes system. Built in 1904, Deer Park Lodge has hosted four generations of the Pearson family, who spent time fishing, hunting, boating, and relaxing at the Lodge.
Deer Park Lodge has the quintessential elements of a traditional Maine camp: a simple house with a porch overlooking breath-taking scenery, multiple outbuildings for repairs and storage, three boathouses, and a privy. Inside are mementos of gatherings held during hunting and fishing escapades from years past.
John and Cynthia Orcutt are the photographers, and their friends and current owners, Ben & Sandy Pearson, made it possible to document this incredible place over the course of several seasons. Photographs will be on display from now through Aug. 30. The Gallery is open most days, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information and to verify open times, please call 207-939-6518.