FARMINGTON – A 22-year-old Industry woman was injured when her sedan went off the road and into a ditch Saturday morning. Farmington police Officer Ryan Rosie said Kasaundra Shurtleff was driving a 2000 Ford Contour sedan on her way to work when she apparently fell asleep at the wheel as she was heading down a […]Full Story»
WILTON – Having possession of the Forster Manufacturing Co. property on Depot Street and a Phase II environmental study in hand, the town hopes to apply for Environmental Protection Agency grants in December to bring the building down. A public hearing to discuss all of this has been scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 1, at 7 […]
STRONG – The Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife has expanded its horizons past the boundless woodlands of Maine and onto the world wide web. Robert Cordes is a wildlife biologist in the department. He spends his days collecting data, managing habitats and working on development projects, along with a million other things. “There’s no […]
By Donovan Buck
Two nights before the full Beaver Moon.
November’s full moon is called the Beaver Moon, which may refer to Native Americans setting their beaver traps before the swamps froze and/or from an increase in beaver activity as they build their winter dams, according to the Farmers’ Almanac.
More in this category
- Community soup and other valuable vegetable lessons learned
- Selectmen move to protect alleyway, survey Church Street property
- Local towns mull analytical investment to attract new retailers
- Updated: PDT Architects wins international school design award for Mt. Blue Campus
- Broadway pine tree hollowing out, may need to come down
- Updated: Fire guts mobile home in New Sharon, man faces criminal trespassing charge