Ladies’ Day Out is Saturday
FARMINGTON - For the second year on Saturday, girls will rule downtown.
Beginning at 9 a.m., it's the Farmington Downtown Association’s Ladies' Day Out that features special give-a-ways, discounts, food and entertainment especially suited for all those hard-working women (are there any other kind?) out there.
Last year's first Ladies' Day Out was such a resounding success, downtown merchants decided to do it again this year, said Beth Beaudoin, FDA's promotions committee chairwoman.
The first 175 ladies will receive goodie bags filled with more than 20 coupons and free items to enjoy (too many to list and organizers wanted to make it a surprise). Come early, as we ran out early last year, Beaudoin advised.
Only adding to the fun is that the most creatively dressed group of ladies will receive a prize. Last year, a group dressed as earth, wind, water and fire won. Below is a schedule of events for Saturday, Nov. 17:
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (or until we run out) Receive a goodie bag in the Parlor Room at The Homestead Kitchen Bar & Bakery, 186 Broadway in Farmington.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. there will be mini-expo in the Parlor Room at The Homestead Kitchen Bar and Bakery. There will be displays and demonstrations from local businesses. Come and see the shop local window display as well!
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Haven's fudge tasting at Richard’s Florist, 149 Main St., Farmington also see their selection of handmade candy canes.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Enter to win a basket at Reny's, 22 Broadway, Farmington.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. there will be foot massages at Divine Inspirations, 283 Front St., Farmington.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. make your own donut and balsam pillow at Mooseville, 156 Main St., Farmington.
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. live music and lunch specials at The Homestead Kitchen Bar & Bakery.